Sunday, April 22, 2007

My Big Fat Aussie Adventure

I've just come back from a HUGE month in Australia - very conveniently, my brother and childhood friend, Lizzie, decided to get married on two consecutive weekends, and Dad was turning 60! Easter fell in the middle of all of that, and a long weekend of wine-tasting in the Hunter Valley was on the agenda.

All in all, it was shaping up to be a huge month of celebrations. It was Ant's second visit to Australia, having first visited about 17 years ago. I was interested to see if he'd noticed any changes.

One thing that never changes though, is the thrill that seeing Sydney Harbour on a sunny day gives me. Seeing the Harbour Bridge automatically makes me smile - particularly cos I don't get to see it too often in person these days.

The Bridge is celebrating it's 75th anniversary this year. When I was a kid, and we used to stop to pay the toll, I thought that I was actually paying for the Bridge and that it was mine. My mother reminds me often of "my bridge".

Anyway, it was fabulous to see it in person once again! Happy 75th Birthday to my Sydney Harbour Bridge!

No comments: